|Photo compliments of quasiefoto via Creative Commons|
QUICK LIST OF BUY LOCAL HOLIDAY GIFTS:
-- pine wreaths from Maple Shade Farm, Delhi;
-- handcrafted table runner and napkins by Tabitha Gilmore-Barnes at the Catskill Mountain Artisans Guild, Margaretville;
-- goodie baskets created by you at Good Cheap Food, Delhi;
-- gift certificate to dinner at the Peekamoose, Big Indian;
Check the Watershed Agricultural Council's Facebook Page for Buy Local gift ideas every day through December 24th.
SAVE THE DATE EVENTS:
1) Catskill Regional Dairy, Livestock & Grazing Conference: January 12, 2012 @ SUNY-Delhi
2) New York Organic Farming Winter Conference: The Cooperative Economy: January 20-22, 2012, Saratoga Hilton & City Center, Saratoga Springs, NY. Scholarships are available for middle or high school students interested in a career in farming or agriculture. Fill out the survey or email Michelle Podolec.
3) Farm to Market Conference: March 4, 2012 Liberty
MOTIVATE YOURSELF, REJUVENATE YOUR PASSION:
1) Food Safety at Direct Marketing Venues webinar,December 8, 11am to Noon or December 16, from10am to 11am. To register, email Diane Eggert.
2) Food Safety Education and Planning for Agritourism Providers webinar, December 14, Noon to 1pm. To access the webinar, please follow this link five minutes before the webinar begins. Contact Lisa Chase for more information.
3) Annie’s Project Six-Week Course for Women Farmers, January 12 – February 16, Thursdays, 10 am to noon, CCE offices. For more information, call Amy Chamberlain at CCE Otsego County, (607) 547-2536, or David Cox at CCE Schoharie County, (518) 234-4303.
4) Winter Online Courses for Beginning Farmers, armchair attendance at various timed on multitude of topics.
5) The Catskill Region Leadership Institute, December 9, 8:30am to 4 pm, Arkville. For more information, contact Katie Palm at 845-586-2611.
FREE MONEY FOR STUDENTS
Annie’s Homegrown Scholarships for College Students – Due December 15, 2011: Annie's Homegrown is offering $100,000 in scholarship funds to students studying sustainable and organic agriculture. Undergraduate and Graduate students studying at an accredited US college or university are eligible to apply.