- We want to know what you think about an online store for Pure Catskills products. Visit our Facebook Page and give us the thumbs up/down and product suggestions.
They specialize in annuals, perennials, seedlings and starters suitable for the Catskills, herbs and flowers, heirloom and open-pollinated vegetables and fruit. Certified organic, they also offer over 300 varieties of tomatoes. Their growing practices are simple: insecticide free, certified organic, low-spray, pesticide-free and heirloom varieties. They are open Thursday through Saturday, 10 am - 4 pm; by chance Monday through Wednesday, 10 am - 3 pm. Closed Sundays.
- How to seed up lettuces and greens using small hand tools that can be home-made and speed up the jobs many-fold;
- The difference of seeding up and planning for the field versus for a retail situation, as these are quite different; and
- The importance of record-keeping in greenhouse situations.
- Delivers a broader experience to beginning farmers than they can receive alone;Provides a peer base to help beginning farmers connect with others who share similar goals;
- Increases the skill base in sustainable agriculture.
Next week on March 1 again from 11 a.m.. to 3 p.m., Managing Windfalls talks about how to manage lumps of money that individuals may receive through one-time payouts such as easements, inheritances or land sales. Al Davino, Delhi, will outline the basis for developing a plan to make sure that large windfalls are managed properly using his years of experience in financial planning. In addition, a tax professional will be on hand to answer questions about income taxes.
MARCH 22: Are You Ready for the Next Disaster? Public Officials Workshop at Margaretville Fire Hall, 3rd Floor. Sponsored by Catskill Watershed Corp., this session is open to regional public officials. (845) 586-1400.
SAVE THE DATE: April 19 at SUNY-Delhi the screening of Living Downstream followed by a discussion panel. From 12:30 to 1:45 p.m. in the Okun Theater in Farrell Hall on the SUNY-Delhi campus. Living Downstream is a cinematic feature-length documentary based on the acclaimed book by ecologist and cancer survivor Sandra Steingraber, Ph.D.
Thursday, May 17: Tapped
Thursday, May 24: Dirt! The Movie
Thursday, May 31: Windfall (I believe you said this one would be available)
Thursday, June 7: The Greenhorns
Thursday, June 14: Reclaiming Our Water
Thursday, June 21: Good Wood
Thursday, June 28: Truck Farm